The LifeLine program has been around since 1985 and has been providing free government phones in California. It has been designed to ensure that low-income consumers don’t miss out on the opportunities and security associated with a phone service. The California LifeLine program is aimed at making the phone service affordable by offering considerable discounts along with a free phone to the eligible consumers. By this, it enables them to stay connected with their family and friends, while having access to emergency services as well as jobs and business opportunities.
TAG Mobile is one of the leading providers of LifeLine Service in California. Families and individuals with low income who are eligible for the LifeLine Program will get a Free Smartphone along with Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month under the 1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan from TAG Mobile. Additionally, they also get 500MB Data at LTE speed for first three months, and 1GB Data from fourth month onwards. However, after consuming 500MB at LTE speed, the remaining data is available at 3G speed.
Eligible customers can also opt for the ‘2GB SIM Only Data Plan’, which is also known as the Bring Your Own Phone Plan. Under this, customers are entitled to receive 2GB Data every month, out of which 500 MB will be available at LTE speed and the remaining 1.5GB data at 3G speeds. Customers will also get Unlimited Talk and Unlimited Global Messaging every month.
The summary of both the plans is as follows:
1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan
• Data – First 3 months 500MB LTE, 4th Month onwards 1GB (after 500MB LTE, data is at 3G)
• FREE Smartphone*
• Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month
2GB SIM Only Data Plan
• 2 GB data (500 MB LTE and then 1.5 GB 3G speeds) every month
• Unlimited talk every month
• Unlimited global messaging every month
About California LifeLine Service
The TAG Mobile California Lifeline Service is a Federal Free-Phone program, and is offered to the eligible residents of California who meet specific eligibility criteria. The program is limited to one benefit recipient per household. “Household” is defined as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address as one economic unit. An “economic unit” is defined as “all adult individuals contributing to and sharing in the income and expenses of a household.“ If you are currently receiving LifeLine service with another provider you may be eligible for our services. Please visit a retail location for more details.
To participate in the program, the income of the resident has to be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
Citizens can also qualify for the California LifeLine if they are already enrolled in any one of the following
Government assistance programs:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
1.California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
2.Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
4.Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
• Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program
You can either enroll using our ‘3 minutes Sign up process’ by logging to our website – www.tagmobile.com or simply walk up to the nearest TAG Mobile agent along with your proof-of-eligibility documents.