Fresno is the fifth largest city in California and located halfway between Los Angeles and San Francisco. The city’s name in Spanish means the ‘Ash tree’, and the tree also appears on its flag. It’s because, the Ashes are most commonly found trees on the banks of San Joaquin River that flows through the area.
The city is well known for its cultural extravagance. The hugely popular blues festival, which attracts thousands of tourists from all over the world, is celebrated in the city every year. Also, the nation’s most famous antique car show – The Conours D’Elegance, is one of the main annual attractions.
Fresno County, of which the city of Fresno is the county seat, ranks at very top for its agriculture. Covered with huge farmlands, it produces a huge variety of crops such as grapes, oranges, tomatoes, and almonds.
TAG Mobile is proud to be associated with Fresno through the California LifeLine program. Under the LifeLine program, TAG Mobile offers the following benefits to the eligible citizens in Fresno
• Unlimited talk every month
• Unlimited global messaging every month
• PLUS 2 GB data (500 MB LTE and then 1.5 GB 3G speeds) every month
1GB Standard Smartphone Data Plan
• FREE Smartphone*
• Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month
• Data – First three months: 500MB LTE, 4th Month onwards: 1GB (after 500MB LTE, data is at 3G)
The service is a part of the federal Lifeline program and to qualify for it, you have to fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
• You should be a resident of Fresno, CA.
• You must be participating in one of the listed Eligible Subsidy Programs or have an income that is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level and can provide valid proof of participation.
• No one in your household is currently receiving any other LifeLine offering from TAG or another LifeLine provider.
• You can provide valid photo identification.
• If required, you can provide valid proof of current address.
The program is limited to one benefit recipient per household. “Household” is defined as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address as one economic unit. An “economic unit” is defined as all adult individuals contributing to and sharing in the income and expenses of a household. Also, if you are currently receiving Lifeline service with another provider you may be eligible for TAG Mobile services.
The eligibility for the program in California is based on participation in one of these low-income state or federal programs:
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Medicaid “Medi-Cal” (not Medicare)
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• National School Lunch Program (NSL)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
• Federal Veterans or Survivors Pension Benefit Program
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
• California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
• Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
• Welfare-to-Work (WTW)
• Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
To achieve its goal of making the Lifeline benefits accessible to all the eligible customers, TAG Mobile provides both online and offline methods of sign up. Customers can get the registration forms from TAG Mobile’s dealer or fill it directly on the website through the new 3-minutes sign up-process. Log on to www.tagmobile.com for more information.