Families, households, and Individuals that are struggling in West Virginia with paying their telephone dues can get assistance through the government-aided Lifeline service program. The program was created nationwide by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), and aims at ensuring that all families, including the senior citizens, the poor, and the disabled, get access to some form of affordable communication systems.
West Virginia Lifeline Service Plan requires all applicants to meet income guidelines that are put in place by the government and are based on poverty levels. Apart from that, if anyone receives any type of public aid they will be eligible for a free lifeline program automatically.
TAG Mobile is committed to helping individuals with low income to pay for their lifeline services. The lifeline service program is non-transferable, it cannot be switched from one person to another. This government-assisted program provides a discount on monthly telephone services and offers people to meet the eligibility requirement like a household income equal to or below 135% of the federal poverty level. The program benefits customers with free calling minutes and texts on a monthly basis.
To avail of this Lifeline service program’s discount every month, it is essential to certify that your income is below the poverty level or that someone in your household presently receives benefits from one of these programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP),
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Veterans Pension or Survivors Benefit Programs
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) General Assistance
- Tribal Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Tribal TANF)
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Tribal Head Start (only households that meet the income qualifying standard)
Individuals that fall into these categories need to let apply and let us know this. They will require proof of benefits and other documentation to qualify themselves for a discount on their phone bill.
TAG Mobile West Virginia Lifeline Free Phone Service Eligible Customers Receive:
- 4.5 GB LTE Data every month
- 1000 FREE Voice minutes every month
- Unlimited FREE text every month
TAG Mobile West Virginia Lifeline Free Phone Service Plan Benefits:
- No Contracts, No Cost
- Nationwide Coverage
- Caller ID
- Call Waiting
For further information or any queries, please contact our TAG Mobile customer care representative will be happy to answer your questions and assure you receive the appropriate application.