The Lifeline service is a government program that has been providing free government phones in California. Started in 1985, it has been designed to ensure that low-income consumers don’t miss out on the opportunities and security associated with a phone service. The Lifeline program is aimed at making phone service affordable by offering considerable discounts along with a free phone to eligible consumers, enabling them to stay connected with their family and friends. It also offers the much-needed access to emergency services, jobs, and business opportunities.
TAG Mobile is one of the leading providers of Lifeline Service in California and has a significant presence in the city of Stockton, which is home to California’s oldest university, The University of the Pacific. The city was named after Robert F Stockton who played a major role in the capture of California during the Mexican American War.
Stockton was awarded the best tree city in the US with over 100,000 trees, and has the largest inland seaport in the country – The California Delta. It hosts the Asparagus Festival, which is one of the most popular fairs attracting over hundred thousand visitors each year. TAG Mobile is proud to be associated with the Stockton, which has been named as the birthplace of the fantastic four by Stan Lee, the writer of the Marvel Comics series.
Families and individuals with low income who qualify for the Lifeline program will get a Free Smartphone if they opt for 1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan from TAG Mobile. If they choose for the ‘3GB SIM Only Data Plan’, which is also known as the Bring Your Own Phone Plan, then they will get additional Data in place of a smartphone. The summary of both the plans is as follows:
The plan offers first 3 months 500MB LTE. Fourth month onwards customers get 1GB data, which after completion of 500MB at LTE speeds, is then available at 3G speed *. The plan also includes Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month.
3GB SIM Only Data Plan (Bring-Your-Own-Phone Plan)
Customers who choose to continue with their own phone while switching to TAG Mobile get:
• 3GB LTE Data
• Unlimited talk every month
• Unlimited global messaging every month
About California Lifeline Service
The TAG Mobile California Lifeline Service is a Government funded program and is offered to eligible residents of California who meet specific eligibility criteria.
Consumers currently receiving Lifeline service with another provider are also eligible and can transfer their Lifeline benefit to TAG Mobile.
- To participate in the program, the household income of the subscriber has to be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
- You can also qualify for California Lifeline if you’re already enrolled in any one of the following Government assistance programs:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
• Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program