The California Lifeline service is a federally funded government program. Started in 1985, the program has been providing free government phones to low-income consumers. The program aims to ensure they don’t miss out on the opportunities and security that come with a phone service. The Lifeline program is aimed at making phone service affordable by offering considerable discounts along with a Free Smartphone in Riverside to eligible consumers, enabling them to stay connected with their family and friends. It also provides much-needed access to emergency services, jobs, and business opportunities.
The city is home to the World’s Largest Paper Cup – the Dixie Cup located on Iowa street. It is a significant tourist attraction, which is in reality made of concrete and stands more than three stories in height. The city is considered to be the birthplace of the citrus industry in California and is one of the few towns that still have a drive-in theater.
The Long Night of Arts & Innovation is a signature event held annually in the city, along with another major festival dedicated to Charles Dickens that celebrates the vibrant arts and culture scene. TAG Mobile is proud to be associated with the Riverside, which gets its name from Santa Ana River.
Families and individuals with low income who qualify for the Lifeline program will get a Free Smartphone if they opt for 1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan from TAG Mobile. If they choose for the ‘2GB SIM Only Data Plan’, which is also known as the Bring Your Own Phone Plan, then they will get additional Data in place of a smartphone. The summary of both the plans is as follows:
1GB Standard Smart Phone Data Plan
• Data – First 3 months 500MB LTE, 4th Month onwards 1GB (after 500MB LTE, data is at 3G)
• FREE Smartphone*
• Free Unlimited Talk and Text every month
2GB SIM Only Data Plan(Bring-Your-Own-Phone Plan)
Customers who choose to continue with their own phone while switching to TAG Mobile get:
• 2 GB data (500 MB LTE and then 1.5 GB 3G speeds) every month
• Unlimited talk every month
• Unlimited global messaging every month
To participate in the program, the household income of the subscriber has to be at or below 150% of the federal poverty level.
Consumers currently receiving Lifeline service with another provider are also eligible and can transfer their Lifeline benefit to TAG Mobile.
You can also qualify for California Lifeline if you’re already enrolled in any one of the following Government assistance programs:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Tribal TANF
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
• Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program