Bakersfield, California, is the fastest growing city in the United States with a population of over 250,000. Having been made the county seat of Kern County, the city grew at an incredible rate of 400% between 1970 and 2010.
Named after Thomas Baker, a former colonel in the militia of Ohio, his home state, became a stopover for travelers. Attracted to the area during the California gold, Baker, moved to the banks of the Kern River in 1863, and his settlement was known as Baker’s Field.
In Bolthouse Farms and Grimmway Farms, Bakersfield is home to two of the world’s largest carrot producers. Both these farms account for about 90% of all the carrots grown in California. While it can be called as every rabbit’s dream, the city is also every music lover’s favorite destination. It’s because, since 1986 it has been home to a highly popular Jazz Festival – an event that attracts thousands of people from all over the world.
The city is also home to one of the unique sports centers in Sam Lynn Ballpark – the only baseball stadium in the United States that faces west. Similarly, Beach Park is another such place that’s located right in the center of town and serves as a local recreation area. While it has all the usual amenities such as lighted playing fields, a skate park, a bike path, horseshoe pits, barbecue grills and even a nice statue, the one thing it doesn’t have is an actual beach!
Proud to be associated with this happening city of distinctive landmarks, TAG Mobile has always been at the forefront of community service through the California LifeLine Program.
TAG Mobile offers all eligible customers an exciting and unlimited package includes:
• FREE Smartphone*
• Free Unlimited Talk
• Free Unlimited Global Text
• Free Data – First 3 months 500MB LTE, 4th Month onwards 1GB (after 500MB data is at 3G/2G)
The service is a part of the federal LifeLine program and to qualify for it, you have to fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
• You should be a resident of Bakersfield, CA.
• You must be participating in one of the listed Eligible Subsidy Programs or have an income that is at or below 150% of the federal poverty level and can provide valid proof of participation.
• No one in your household is currently receiving any other LifeLine offering from TAG Mobile or any another LifeLine provider.
• You can provide valid photo identification.
• If required, you can provide valid proof of current address.
Eligible Subsidy Programs include:
• Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
• Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
• Federal Public Housing Assistance or Section 8
• CalFresh, Food Stamps or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
• Women, Infants and Children Program (WIC)
• National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
• Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (CalWORKs)
Stanislaus County Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids (StanWORKs)
Greater Avenues for Independence (GAIN)
• Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
• Head Start Income Eligible (Tribal Only)
• Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
• Federal Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit Program
So, to get a free cell phone in Bakersfield, an individual fulfilling the required eligible criteria can simply enroll using TAG Mobile’s new ‘3 minutes Sign up process’ or just walk up to the nearest TAG Mobile agent along with the proof-of-eligibility documents. Join now, and live life unlimited!