The following Supplemental Terms & Conditions for California LifeLine Service (the “CA LifeLine Supplement”) are supplemental and in addition to TAG Mobile’s general terms and conditions of service as described in its Service Agreement. All applicable terms and conditions of service provided in TAG Mobile’s Service Agreement apply to its California LifeLine service. If there is a discrepancy between this CA LifeLine Supplement and the Service Agreement, as it pertains to TAG Mobile’s California LifeLine Service, the terms of this CA LifeLine Supplement will supersede.
Wireless Service Elements
TAG Mobile’s California LifeLine service provides the following wireless service elements:
- Ability to place and receive voice-grade calls over all distances utilizing the public switched telephone network or successor network.
- Calls within a local exchange or over an equivalent or larger-sized local calling area. TAG Mobile offers its California LifeLine customers the ability to send and receive voice-grade calls within a nationwide coverage area, currently using the Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile Wireless networks. Domestic voice calls are not distance sensitive; a customer does not pay more for making a domestic long distance call than for a call within their local exchange area.
- Voice grade connection to the public switched telephone network. Through its wholesale agreements with T-Mobile, Sprint and Verizon, TAG Mobile offers its California LifeLine customers the ability to send and receive voice-grade calls over all domestic distances (local and long distance) via a wireless voice-grade connection to the public switched telephone network.
- Disclosures regarding voice-grade connection. Each TAG Mobile California LifeLine participant is entitled to a voice grade connection. As such, a participant may terminate service without penalty if a voice-grade connection cannot be provided. Further, since there is no service contract, TAG Mobile customers are free to discontinue service at any time without penalty.
- Response to notification of no voice-grade connection. If, at any time, a participant fails to receive a voice-grade connection and notifies TAG Mobile, the Company will (1) promptly restore the voice-grade connection, or if not possible, (2) provide telephone service to that participant using different technology if offered by TAG Mobile and agreed to by the participant; or (3) allow the participant to discontinue service without penalty. TAG Mobile is committed to prompt and effective responses to customer notifications.
- Free unlimited access to 911/E -911. TAG Mobile does not charge for calls placed to 911/E-911, nor do 91 l/E-911 calls utilize available minutes. In addition, 91 l/E-911 service is available for all activated handsets, regardless of whether there are minutes available for use under the plan.
TAG Mobile will abide by the following billing provisions:
- Service Elements. TAG Mobile will offer at least one California LifeLine plan that meets or exceeds the California LifeLine service elements and is not bundled with any video or data services. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- California LifeLine Discount. TAG Mobile will apply the applicable California LifeLine discount to each participant's selected plan.
- Pre-Paid Plans. TAG Mobile will offer California LifeLine-eligible plans on a pre-paid basis.
- Non-Discrimination. TAG Mobile will offer California Lifeline discounted services on a non-discriminatory basis to any customer residing within the service territory where the Company offers retail wireless telephone services. TAG Mobile will only provide California LifeLine discounts to participants that are approved by the California LifeLine Administrator.
- Contracts. TAG Mobile will not require contracts. TAG Mobile offers service on a pre-paid basis, and currently does not require its customers to enter into a service contract. Any required contract terms will be comparable to those offered to TAG Mobile's retail customers for the same service and/or device, except as needed to comply with California LifeLine rules.
- Added Features and Enhanced Services. If TAG Mobile adds features and/or enhanced services as a part of its California LifeLine offerings, the offerings will meet or exceed minimum standards set by the CPUC. As set forth in the Schedule of Rates, TAG Mobile offers a California LifeLine plan that meets or exceeds the minimum service elements and is not bundled with any video or data services.
- Additional Voice Minutes. TAG Mobile will allow participants to purchase additional voice minutes at the lowest rate that is offered to its retail customers for comparable plans with similar services and/or features.
- Completion of Allotted Minutes. On the non-Unlimited plans, TAG Mobile proposes to offer plans that cease phone operation when all of the allotted minutes are used. Therefore, the Company will provide participants an option to purchase additional minutes and will prominently disclose the charges, terms, and conditions associated with the purchase of additional minutes. N11 calls will be allowed when all allotted minutes are used. For Unlimited plans, customers with extremely high usage will be transferred to TAG Mobile Customer Service Department to determine whether high usage is due to commercial use or technical problems. After brief interview the customer will be able to make and receive calls as usual. TAG Mobile reserves the right to discontinue a high usage customer at the end of their billing cycle after proper notice has been provided.
- Form of Payment Fee. TAG Mobile will not assess a fee to participants for paying their bills (i.e. paying for service) in person by cash, check or other form of payment. All fees are disclosed in the Schedule of Rates, and there is no Form of Payment Fee.
- No Restocking Fee. TAG Mobile will not assess a restocking fee to participants for devices returned within three days of service activation.
- Handsets. TAG Mobile will offer all handsets to participants on the same basis as the Company's retail customers.
- Access to telephone relay services as provided for in Pub. Util. Code §2881 et seq. Through its underlying carrier(s), TAG Mobile will provide access to California Relay Service for deaf or hearing-impaired persons or persons with speech disabilities.
- 900/976 Information Services. TAG Mobile will provide participants free blocking for 900/976 information services and a one-time free billing adjustment for 900/976 information services related charges inadvertently or mistakenly incurred, or without authorization.
- Access to operator service. TAG Mobile provides access to operator services for its California LifeLine customers commensurate to its retail customers, via 611 and 411.
TAG Mobile makes the following disclosures in accordance with the California LifeLine Rules. TAG Mobile makes this information available in print at its California Dealer Locations where consumers can review them and/or request a copy, in bound, print form at its mobile event locations, i.e., tents and the like, for customers to review at the time of enrollment, via its website, www.tagmobile.com , in hard copy in instances of door to door sales, and upon request via its customer service department:
- California LifeLine Service Plan Offerings. TAG Mobile’s California LifeLine plans are described in its Schedule of Rates.
- Charges, terms, and conditions associated with purchasing additional minutes. TAG Mobile allows California LifeLine participants to purchase additional voice minutes at the lowest rate that is offered to its retail customers for comparable plans with similar services and/or features. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- 911 emergency services location accuracy and reliability standards as required in basic service element number I.2.(d) in Appendix A of Decision 12-12-038. Your handset will be able to place calls to 911 even if you have no minutes available. It is advised by Public Safety Officials, that you should be prepared to provide information about your location when making a 911 or other emergency call. Wireless service, unlike landline phones, uses less reliable methods to place calls and to determine your phone number and location. Network coverage can be adversely affected by weather, structures, buildings, geography, etc. Because of these factors, emergency operators may not be able to determine your location or your phone number, or, you may not be able to complete a call at all. Occasionally, callers may attempt to call 911 in areas where there is no wireless coverage. If there is no wireless coverage, your call to 911 may not go though and you should dial 911 from the nearest landline phone. Enhanced 911 service, also known as E911, relies on GPS technology to obtain location information. This service is dependent on a number of factors such as the abilities of the local emergency authorities, GPS ability of your phone, whether your GPS enabled handset has GPS turned on, and your phones ability to obtain a GPS Satellite signal which can be impaired by being indoors, weather, etc. Even when available, E911 does not always provide accurate location information.
- Potential service coverage and service quality issues, and Safety related considerations when handsets are removed from the home and when there is poor mobile reception - Service is subject to transmission limitations caused by certain equipment and compatibility issues, atmospheric, topographical and other conditions, as well as proximity. Service can only be available when in range of a transmission source, which you should be aware of when leaving your home area. Service is dependent on radio towers which require electricity to operate and could become non-functional in the event of a power outage if backup power is not available or runs out. Further, service may be temporarily refused, limited, interrupted or curtailed due to system capacity limitations, technology migration or limitations imposed by the Carrier, or because of equipment modifications, upgrades, repairs or relocations or other similar activities necessary or proper for the operation or improvement of the Carrier's radio telephone system. Neither TAG Mobile, nor any of its Network Providers, shall have any liability for service failures, outages or limitations of Service. If the mobile handset is the only phone in your home, residents will not have access to call 911 when the handset is removed from that location.
- TAG Mobile’s free California LifeLine handsets are not refurbished.
- TAG Mobile handsets are designed to be activated on our networks and in other coverage areas that we may make available to you. As programed, the handset will not accept wireless service from another carrier.
- The charges or fees associated with using operator services. TAG Mobile provides access to operator services to all its customers, California LifeLine or otherwise, free of charge. Although no charge is assessed for calls made by its California LifeLine or non-California LifeLine customers for operator assisted calls, such calls use the minutes of the California LifeLine or non-California LifeLine customer making the directory assistance call. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- Access to local directory assistance/411. TAG Mobile provides access to directory assistance to all its customers, California LifeLine or otherwise. Although no charge is assessed for directory assistance/411 calls made by its California LifeLine or non- California LifeLine customers, such calls use the minutes of the California LifeLine or non-California LifeLine customer making the directory assistance call. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- Schedule of rates and charges. TAG Mobile's Schedule of Rates and charges for California LifeLine service are included herein as the “Schedule of Rates”.
- Access to 800 or 800-like toll-free services. TAG Mobile provides its customers with access to 800 or 800-like toll-free services. Under TAG Mobile's business model, there is no toll charge for these calls. Although there is free access to 800 or 800-like toll- free services, such calls are treated the same as regular outgoing calls with respect to minute usage. (See Schedule of Rates).
- Free, unlimited access to customer service for information about California LifeLine, service activation, service termination, service repair, and bill inquiries. TAG Mobile California LifeLine customers are provided free, unlimited access to TAG Mobile customer service either by dialing 611 or by dialing the toll-free TAG Mobile customer service number. Calls to TAG Mobile customer service do not count against the California LifeLine customer's allotted voice minutes or number of calls. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- Free, unlimited access to customer service representatives fluent in the same language (English) in which California LifeLine was originally marketed and sold. At this time, TAG Mobile only markets and sells California LifeLine service in English. TAG Mobile therefore provides English speaking customer service operators through its customer service department, which may be accessed as described above.
- Free access to toll-blocking and toll-control services. TAG Mobile is a prepaid service provider, which means that customers pay for their service in advance and can use only the amount of service for which they have already paid. Furthermore, TAG Mobile provides uniform pricing for both local and domestic longdistance telephone calls. Incoming International Calls are billed at the same rate as a domestic call; outgoing International Calls are blocked and will only work if a customer purchases a special International Long Distance calling card. Therefore, the prepaid nature of the service, along with the fact that voice calls are not distance-sensitive, acts in effect as a toll-blocking service. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- Access to two California LifeLine telephone lines to Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program participants or teletypewriter users. TAG Mobile will provide access to two California LifeLine discounted telephone lines to Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program participants or teletypewriter users.
- Free access to the California Relay Service via the 711 abbreviated dialing code. TAG Mobile will provide free access to California Relay Service through the 711 abbreviated dialing code. Note: for 711 calls, only the call to the 711 relay service for the deaf or speech-disabled will not be counted against California LifeLine plan minutes, while the relayed call itself may count toward applicable plan minutes. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- Access to Public Safety N11s. TAG Mobile provides free, unlimited access to public safety N11s (211, 311, 511, 711, and 811) with its California LifeLine service plan. Calls to these special service N1 Is will not count against a participant's allotted voice minutes or number of calls. Note: for 711 calls, only the call to the 711 relay service for the deaf or speechdisabled will not be counted against California LifeLine plan minutes, while the relayed call itself may count toward applicable plan minutes. (See Schedule of Rates.)
- California LifeLine Participant Exemptions. The Commission exempts California LifeLine participants from paying public purpose program surcharges, the Commission’s user fee, federal excise tax, local franchise tax, and California 911 tax associated with telephone service. TAG Mobile will comply with this exemption. The Company understands that the exemption does not alter the statutory requirement for all telephone corporations in California to assess, collect, and remit public purpose surcharges on revenues collected from end-users for intrastate telecommunications services that are subject to surcharge in compliance with Pub. Util. Code§§ 285 and 710.
- 30-Day Notice. TAG Mobile will provide 30 days’ prior notice to California LifeLine participants in the event it withdraws from provision of California LifeLine Service.